Philippine Startup Challenge
The Philippine Startup Challenge (PSC) is a startup competition that aims to encourage and inspire college students to create innovative and relevant ICT services that may also be viable business ventures. This initiative is geared towards promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship in ICT among the youth and to ensure the continuous creation of investible ideas and startup founders that will liven the local ecosystem. PSC is the fruit of collaboration between the government, academe and the industry to empower the Philippine Startup ecosystem.
On its fifth run, the PSC National Finals was held in Iloilo City. Fifteen (15) teams presented their final pitches to distinguished judges from DICT, Philippine Software Industry Association, National ICT Confederation of the Philippines, Ideaspace Foundation Inc., and Huawei Technologies Philippines.
The 15 finalists were judged based on the following criteria:
1. Impact - How much impact (quality and quantity) can this project have?
2. Creativity - How creative/innovative is the approach? Are the project and something that hasn’t been attempted before, or is it an improvement on something that already exists?
3. Validity - Is the solution scientifically valid? Did the solution do what it set out to do? Can it work in the real world?
4. Relevance - Is this project responsive to the challenge/problem for which it was submitted? Is it technically feasible? How usable or user-friendly is the solution?
5. Presentation - How well did the team communicate their project? Were they effective in the problem, the solution, and why it is important?